Swiftlet 1.0.0 Stable

Posted on May 08, 2009

Swiftlet logoSwiftlet, the light-weight PHP framework that I’ve been working on for a while, is now stable.

Feature-wise not much has changed since the Beta and Release Candidate cycles but the code has been thoroughly tested and improved where possible. If you’re planning on building a PHP website, give Swiftlet a try.

I moved the project page and documentation away from Google Code, if you go to swiftlet.org you’ll find the new page. It’s powered by a documentation system that I custom coded (dubbed Pintail). If there is any interest I will release the code behind it as Open-Source as well.

Scroll to top

Comments (8)

• I just heard about swiftlet, and wanted to test it immeadiatly. So far, it works great.

It isn't too advanced like cakePHP or others, it is really what I need.

Thank you very much!!

Greetings from Belgium,
    Wim

Posted by Wimsito on May 30, 2009 Reply

• Thank you for trying it out, any feedback is welcome!

Posted by ElbertF on May 30, 2009 Reply

• Well, no real lacking things so far… Writing a plugin for it now :D Is there some sort of plugin database on the site?

Posted by Wimsito on May 30, 2009 Reply

• Why actually are the account, login and installer index.php files in seperate folders, why aren't they just in the root folder account.php, login.php and installer.php? And isn't it better when in the _view dir, files are placed in seperate dir if they belong to a certain plugin?
    OR
    All the plugin files (controller, plugin and view) in the plugin folder (would be handier for plugin authors and users)

Posted by Wimsito on May 30, 2009 Reply

• There is no plug-in database yet, will definitly consider it for the future.

Posted by ElbertF on June 12, 2009 Reply

• It doesn't really matter, I only did it because “/account/” looks better then “/account.php” in my opinion. You can use subdirectories in “/_view/” but that won't make much difference.

All plug-in files are in the “/_plugin/” directory. “Login” and “account” are controllers (normal pages), not plug-ins.

Sorry for the late reply, been on holliday and didn't check back until now.

Posted by ElbertF on June 12, 2009 Reply

• There is no plug-in database yet, will definitly consider it for the future.

Posted by ElbertF on June 12, 2009 Reply